Are you looking for an organization where you can donate your gently used professional attire? Join us for a networking breakfast and bring those items as we learn more about the local Dress for Success chapter. Jody White, Executive Director and Founding Partner, will be on hand to talk with us about their organization and their mission to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help women thrive in work and life. Each person to donate at least one item will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card, provided by CREW Iowa.
Here is the full list of clothing items that will be accepted:
- Items worn in the last 2 years and/or purchased in the last 5 years
- Interview appropriate suits
- Interview appropriate blouses (sizes 14 and up always a necessity)
- Professional separates including blouses, slacks, skirts, dresses, blazers and jackets (sizes 14 and up always a necessity)
- Work appropriate shoes (sizes 9 wide; black and low-mid heel always a necessity)
- Jewelry and scarves
- Handbags (briefcases, portfolios or work appropriate handbag)
- "Ready to Wear" (If possible, please leave clothing on hangers or nicely folded in boxes)
- Items purchased within the last 5 years
Full information about what you can donate is available on their website: https://desmoines.dressforsuccess.org/get-involved/donate/.
Pastries, bagels, coffee and juice will be provided.